Slime coat disease? Velvet?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kissofthegorami

Broke College Student
Feb 24, 2005
Boston,MA
I bought a panda cory a few weeks ago and it had this disease in which it got opaque patches on its fins and body and died the next day. Now a week two later half my fish are developing opaque, cloudy looking patched on their bodies and fins. One tetra got it first and recovered on his own. Any ideas?

Kissofthegorami

Broke College Student
Feb 24, 2005
Boston,MA
I have googled it. Obviously that is my first course of action. I will put up a pic. Its on tetras and they are near impossible to get a clear pic of. I am just wondering off the top of anyones head if it sounds like anything. If you don't think you know what it is, don't respond. The fish have bands of cloudy markings. Its like a str8 lined band about 1/4 inch wide. Its on the fins too. There are possible some tiny white bumps too on the bands. I am worried it neon tetra disease but it came from a cory. It has affected my cardinal and rummynose tetras.

kayla

weeeeee!
Jul 24, 2005
Tiny white bumps is probably ick .. are they itching against rocks or anything?

kayla

weeeeee!
Jul 24, 2005
:bowing:
Kissofthegorami said:
There are possible some tiny white bumps too on the bands. .
Is it like white thread like and/or cottony puffs? If it is, it's fungus. Use forma-green 5-7 days to treat.

bdobosz

Jan 2, 2005
When my Gourami had Velvet it looked like he had patches og gold plating on him about the size of a pencil eraser head. The opaque patches kind of make me think its not velvet but I could be wrong.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store