small crustaceans (pods)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kodiak

Lovin it
Aug 13, 2007
Columbus, OH
i love the way he looks, however im gonna call and see if they will take him back for store credit. i thought i had a chance...

What other stocking fish could be fun to keep mrs.grins... i want a yellow watchmen goby!

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Kodiak, if you truely want one read up on them first. While they are about one of the cheapest fish you can purchase they are one of the most expensive for upkeep if you aren't prepared.

Good Luck.

jagr200

AC Members
Oct 3, 2007
America
I think I saw various pods for sale on saltwaterfish.com when I was browsing and dreaming of one day having a saltwater tank.
Nice a Steelers fan!!!!!

Piece of the Reef has good pods(atleast I hope they do lol. Mine will be here today) I ordered 2,000 for $50 shipped 2nd day to stock my new fuge.

Kodiak

Lovin it
Aug 13, 2007
Columbus, OH
i did the basic research, such as the requirments, ie. tank size and amount of LR and tank mates, however i didn't look too much into their diet. He looks as if he is on his last leg, all my readings are good. and i have ,loads of pods.. Poor guy was skinny when i got him.

Funny thing is the LFS guy told me i will be able to tell when he is getting skinny.. He is already skin and bone!(didn't know at the time)

I can take him back for store credit, but i feel bad for the guy, i kinda want to try to help him..

I could culture pods and such, but i leave in 4 months and my mom couldn't take over..

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
perhaps you could (if you feel you are able to) wean him back to where he's a decent size and all the while try to find someone to take him with the requirements. I'm betting taking him back would be certain death if he was that starved when you got him. That would probably be what I would do. If I had pods in my tank (which after 8 months of my tank being set up, I have no idea how I don't), I'd take him off your hands if you're in Columbus. But, knowing I have a ways to go before I have pods to supply a mandarin, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find a home for a healthy mandarin.

Kodiak

Lovin it
Aug 13, 2007
Columbus, OH
perhaps you could (if you feel you are able to) wean him back to where he's a decent size and all the while try to find someone to take him with the requirements. I'm betting taking him back would be certain death if he was that starved when you got him. That would probably be what I would do. If I had pods in my tank (which after 8 months of my tank being set up, I have no idea how I don't), I'd take him off your hands if you're in Columbus. But, knowing I have a ways to go before I have pods to supply a mandarin, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find a home for a healthy mandarin.

Ya, im in Columbus. north of 270.

I would try that, and i know i could but i don't know of anyone else in this hobby...

I'm sure i could keep him till natural death if i wasn't leaving for the marines in 4 months... Then my mom has to take over my tank.

I actually want to teach a friend to take care of it lol

He is going to die, they treated him like ****. They kept him in the bag i brought him in for over 35 mins. They didnt even put him back in a tank.
I feel terrible, and im happy he got a good meal for the time i had him...

the LFS pisses me off :mad2:

donk18

AC Members
Oct 6, 2007
Blacklick, Ohio
i live in columbus too. what store did you get him at. so i know not to go there if they treat there live stock so bably. oh and by the way. GO BUCKS!!!!!!

Kodiak

Lovin it
Aug 13, 2007
Columbus, OH
Jacks Aquarium off Morse road. right by Easton.

The manager is a **** head to the animals...

I think im gonna try to order stuff online... sounds like it could work, and its about the same price or cheaper.

donk18

AC Members
Oct 6, 2007
Blacklick, Ohio
i have had good luck at the petco on olentangy. they are nice there as well as the jack's in canal winchester. a bit pricy but they seem pretty smart there. i was thinking about checking out aquarium adventure to see what they offer.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store