sneak peak

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
You should post pics of it all situated in the tank. That thing looks 100x better in person.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
It's look'n good Bill! Can't wait to see it all finished.

Ashes2ashes

Smash the owl!
May 4, 2010
Cola town SC
Real Name
Ash
That's SO cool! I wish I had talent for scaping. :)

NB_Aquatics

AC Members
Jan 17, 2011
SW Ohio
Real Name
Nick
wow, looks amazing already. Can't wait to see the finished product.

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
this is with a current usa 24" nova fixture over it with 1 white and 1 pink bulb as shipped stock. This tank's going to need a lot more light than this. I think it would need at least 4, maybe 5 - 24" white t5 tubes worth of light, and it really needs them spaced out so there is enough light in the front as well.

I have been considering LED's for this, but haven't found the kind of feedback that's lead me to a purchase. I like the True Lumen Pros, but first reports on planted tank suggest they are only as powerful as equally long t8's. The Reefbrites have been recommended by a reputable vendor, but they are pricey, require a seperate powersupply per strip, and haven't been reviewed by a plant grower yet. Their white color is around 8800k, but no reports if they'll support lush growth. Wish I'd stumble on the perfect plug and play system. I have no hood for this tank, so I do not want to build my own LED system, I would really prefer sleek little premade units to sit on the top glass.

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Awesome!

2rivers

AC Members
Oct 20, 2010
NH
Real Name
Brandon
Removable, very nice. People would pay alot for a neat unit like that. Im gonna start collecting materials and maybe experiment with some crude cork planters ina 29g I have. Great aqua art,cant wait to read more in TFH:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store