So, after the massacre, i need to re-stock

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

WaterBug

AC Members
Sep 8, 2007
Well after a bad experience with getting the wrong kind of loaches sent to me (detailed in THIS thread) that killed a portion of my already low-stocked tank community, I need to restock. the current census is for my fully planted 75 gal is:

8 black neon tetras
5 black skirt tetras
2 true sae's
1 flame dwarf gourami
1 clown plec

Except for the flame gourami, all my fish are black and white so i would like to try and get some color in there, as well as a good centerpiece fish(es). Don't really know what direction to take this community tank atm. suggestions welcome. :)

lookit

AC Members
Jun 9, 2009
OK
Some golden pristella tetras would contrast nicely with your black and whites. They're hardy fish and school reasonably well. Serpaes would also be pretty, but they might be a bit nippy.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
IMO---No fish beats the blue/red of Cardinals and neons.

sorberj

wannabe fish whisperer
Sep 14, 2009
McCleary, WA
Real Name
Jerad
I gotta add another vote for the rams or apistogrammas (cacuatoides triple-red are way cool). Don't count out the inverts as well. Some purple bridgesii snails would be nice in there and they ship easier. If you go with a calico angel though, that would really create a nice compliment to your black and whites while adding color.

My recommendation though is to find the local public library or bring a fish book when you make your trip to drop off those loaches so you can make a decision if you see something at that LFS.

hollyfish2000

AC Members
Nov 10, 2009
This tank screams out for a pair of angels.

I'd also add a big school of rummynoses, some cories, an albino long-finned BN and then wait. I'd probably rehome the black skirts (I'm not fond of them) and the gourami (to keep it a mostly SA theme) and rehome the SAEs unless you really need them for black/hair algae control.

If all that seems to work, then I'd consider a pair of blue rams or a trio of apistos . . . But that's just me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store