So check this out!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sillypony

Fish+College=BROKE
Mar 27, 2008
WNY
that is awesome!!! And that last pic is really really good. He is adorable. And how cool that they are happy enough to spawn!

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
Day 4: Little guy has been found. Whew! Was very active and hard to snap a pic today.

babyoto10.JPG

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
Day 5 and still going strong. Little guy remains very active. Going all over the glass. I've even seen him sifting around on the substrate.

babyoto11.JPG

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
Day 6

Approaching the one week mark.

babyoto12.JPG

phreeflow

AC Members
Mar 28, 2009
Wow great job!
From what i have read, these guys are really hard to breed in captivity.Im surprised no has asked about your specs, so i will :)

What is the tank temp?
what are you feeding them?
Tank size?
PH,KH,GH?
+1...I also would like to know. This is the first breeding of otos I've heard of...congrats.

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
No target feeding. Not sure how I would go about doing this. Ideas? I'm trying not to tinker around too much with the tank. As for feeding, I break a couple of small algae waffers into small pieces and drop them all around the tank. I also add a pinch of crumbled up flakes. This seems to keep everyone in the tank happy. (mom and dad oto, briggs snails and yellow shrimp).

I'll have to post the latest numbers this evening.

Tank size is a 10g. I do know for temp, it is 74.

The one thing I just started doing that I hope is the right thing to do, was to add an airstone in there for a few hours. That's been the only change. Up until that point, I have not ran air. My main reason was to break up the film on the top of the water. Debating if I should continue doing that or not. Want to make sure I keep the tank consistent with what ever it was I was doing to coax the breeding.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store