so finally got a mantis shrimp

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

KingConch

AC Members
Feb 7, 2009
also he just molted and i found the heel of the rap. in the sand.. that thing is ****ing sharp, all three points of it. i use to be curious as to how much damage he could actually do to me and finding that thing in the sand made me realize i don't want him to attack any part of me.... i need to get someone drunk enough to do it :Angel:

cam191919

AC Members
Apr 8, 2008
Tallahassee FL
mine breaks up bamboo skewers real bad, and hes one of the much smaller species, 2 inch max. iv noticed mine will tolerate some things, like snails shrimp and sometimes fish, and destroy clams and crab and everything else, such smart animals have to have food preferences

KingConch

AC Members
Feb 7, 2009
mine breaks up bamboo skewers real bad, and hes one of the much smaller species, 2 inch max. iv noticed mine will tolerate some things, like snails shrimp and sometimes fish, and destroy clams and crab and everything else, such smart animals have to have food preferences

i think you are right on that, i put a snail in there for him 3 days ago and he only took one hit at it from what i've seen, but ive seen him jump out of his hole at brine shrimp that would float by.

E's_Crab_Shack

Wasteland Messiah
May 11, 2009
I had a smithii for a while. It would always crack the bamboo sticks I used to feed him with. Make sure you move his surrounds around ever once in a while to keep him sharp. Its fun to watch them make new homes too, like a little jackhammer

KingConch

AC Members
Feb 7, 2009
I had a smithii for a while. It would always crack the bamboo sticks I used to feed him with. Make sure you move his surrounds around ever once in a while to keep him sharp. Its fun to watch them make new homes too, like a little jackhammer

i wanted to get a smithii but settled for a peacock

Plec123

AC Members
Sep 12, 2009
im jealous of mantis shrimp... they can see so many more different colors than humans can...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store