so neat!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Saw the coolest thing tonight ...

yesterday I bought a small colony of polk-a-dot mushrooms and a neon goby from my LFS. After putting these guys in my tank and leaving them get use to things overnight things have settled nicely. The mushrooms have flattened themselves out like they were in the store and give a nice look to the tank. The neon goby disappeared from the afternoon when I put him in until later that evening (I found him hiding out in the little cave made by the new mushroom rock) when he began slowly exploring. This morning when I turned on the lights the little bugger dashed out of the cave and came right to the glass to see me (maybe he was just gurading his territory or thought I was in need of a cleaning) :D

Anyways, here's the really cool part ... these neon gobys are suppose to be cleaners, right?! Well, hubby and I were sitting on the couch watching tv and I happened to look over at the tank just in time to see my butterfly fish pull up onto the goby's lawn (the mushrooms) and tilt sort of. Then the goby darted out from his little hide-out and proceded to give the butterfly a good going over. It was neat to see him actually doing what he was suppose to, especially since he's only been in the tank now for maybe 36 hours. These guys are sooooo cool!

Just wanted to share!

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
That's very cool. My clowns refuse to be cleaned by the shrimp, and I am always jealous when I hear stories of cleaner shrimp "tang surfing."

liquafaction

AC Members
Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
My yellow tang, and clown always park by my coral banded shrimp hide out. I never get to see the shrimp actually pick over the fish, and do not know if he does. At least the clown, and tank know what he is supposed to do.

dward254

AC Members
Feb 24, 2003
Akron, OH
Visit site
About a week or so I saw a few spots of ich on my puffer. The tank was stressed because I have been replacing the types of fish I have in the tank in order to relieve the bio-load and make it a much healthier environment. Anyway, instead of treating the whole tank, I bought a cleaner wrasse. Within an hour of being in the tank he started cleaning everyone. It was pretty amazing to see the puffer roll on his side so the wrasse could get inside his gill area. Pretty amazing!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store