so what do you think??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

pablo1gr

AC Members
Apr 25, 2012
ok im not sure what style i should go for my tank, so i was trying this one i added some plants with the help of paint, and i wanted to see what you think
.posible.jpg

posible.jpg

thrak76

AC Members
May 31, 2009
Good idea to use Paint to prototype a layout!

The style is a little too minimal for my taste, but I do enjoy looking at others' Iwagumi-style tanks (even if this example is pseudo-iwagumi).

Fish-Addict

AC Members
Dec 7, 2008
Buckinghamshire, England
Real Name
Sam
I'd add more background plants especially on the right hand side, leave the back of the tank where the 'path' ends bare (no background plants there) and fix moss to the rocks but not completely covering them. You still want the rocks to be seen.

These are a couple of things I would do to make it 'floss' better.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
Ummm... I would add some type of different plant to it. Maybe like a little tree or something, or you could put a small house. You just need to add like one more really interesting element to it. This design is really nice, its just that if you walked into a room with it in there, it wouldn't immediately catch your eye. So, put something cool in there with the rocks and moss, and you'll be set!

pablo1gr

AC Members
Apr 25, 2012
posible.jpg
what about now, looks better, i mean i just want to know if im heading the right direction, you know what i mean

posible.jpg

pablo1gr

AC Members
Apr 25, 2012
I think you need more substrate in order to create a better sloping pattern with your rocks and other plants.
compleatly agree on that, this was just a picture for testing the rock and plants placement, acturally the substrate layer will be thiker and there will heavier on some areas to give it a better efect.

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
I like your second rendition of the paint job tank, it looks sooo much better with the extra plants and moss to fill it in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store