so what do you think??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bettalover77

AC Members
May 27, 2010
Real Name
Alex
I liked the first picture the most (I do tend to like minimalist scapes though)
the other pic looks amazing also!

edIT: I also think that I wish I had your rocks

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Lol, I am tired and thought that you literally painted the plants on.
:screwy:

I think it looks good. I have always been curious, what is the point of the sloping effect?

Woofy

Registered crazy
Jun 30, 2006
Miami
www.myspace.com
To simple for taste and i would add some color here or there also put largest rock in front and smallest in back and sloping up towards the back . Gives a sense of depth.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

stephybabe88

AC Members
Aug 8, 2010
Texas
How about adding a large center piece plant? But I like it also. I started with a similar minimal look, but couldn't resist, and kept adding plants as I found ones that I loved.

Fish-Addict

AC Members
Dec 7, 2008
Buckinghamshire, England
Real Name
Sam
View attachment 198721
what about now, looks better, i mean i just want to know if im heading the right direction, you know what i mean
I'd say this is spot on. I honestly don't think the picture does the design justice. In real life this would be a simple yet eye-catching tank which would show off the livestock, if chosen correctly, incredibly well.

Edit: just to add, once the tank has 'filled in' and especially the plants at the back have become thicker and taller, it will look even better.
Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

thrak76

AC Members
May 31, 2009
I'd say this is spot on. I honestly don't think the picture does the design justice. In real life this would be a simple yet eye-catching tank which would show off the livestock, if chosen correctly, incredibly well.

Edit: just to add, once the tank has 'filled in' and especially the plants at the back have become thicker and taller, it will look even better.
I mostly agree here. I do think the the design could benefit from a little contrasting color in the plant selection though, whether it be different shades of green, or bronze, or some red (if you can keep them red!).

vwill279

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Real Name
Vanessa
It honestly depends on what kind of fish you are adding. Their environmental requirements are the most important thing you should consider when designing a tank, unless you are designing the tank and then picking fish that would feel comfortable in your tank's aquascape.

Lots of fish only feel comfortable if they have ample places to hide like heavily planted areas or caves. Some plecos need driftwood. If you could tell us what your stock is planning on being, we could give suggestions for them.

pablo1gr

AC Members
Apr 25, 2012
well thanks for all the help guys, I do agree with all of you, that it will look better once the real plants are in, the diferente color of natural plants wll give it mor life and once I add the subtrate it will give it a nice slope to mimic what you see on nature, I also think that this will be good for neon tetras, or zebras danios, i would love to have some torpedo barbs in there but the tank is too small for them. I think that any schooling fish will look good in this particular lay out. i will post pictures once is ready.

Lol, I am tired and thought that you literally painted the plants on.
:screwy:

:lol: i can see why you would think that.​

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store