Some of my Planted Ripariums

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
I got a few shots of my 20-gallon riparium setup tonight. I was only using this tank to propagate a few stem plants, but they have actually grown into a pretty nice scape...

This is the view through the open tank canopy. The underwater area actually looks pretty dingy, so I did not attempt a full tank shot. I might try to tidy it up for a little more picture-taking.

Felidae

AC Members
Aug 18, 2009
wowwww thats all I can say

rsanz

The Peacock Gudgeon Guy
Aug 22, 2006
Maryland
Real Name
Rob
Camera Used
Sony
I like these a lot! And really, the actual tank becomes part of the whole image as well. You have nice TANKS, and also nice tanks, if you know what I mean. :)

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
Thanks again everybody. I have a few additional observations for one of the plants in there, Bacopa caroliniana. This one is not so full like the rest of the stems in there, but I had struggled to get it to grow and now it is finally responding. I think that the important factor for this one might have been the mineralized topsoil that I added to the planter cup.

This is a handsome plant that grows as floating mats on the edges of streams and lakes. These little sprouts grew from the bases of the older stems growing off to the right. I hope that this plant will grow more bushy and cover the trellis raft that I have floating in front.

jamesstill84

Curiosity salted the snail!
Jan 2, 2009
Winchester, Kentucky
You're continuously feeding my want for this type of setup. I can't wait till the weekend so I can get my tank ready. :D

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
Hey well just let me know if you have any other questions about setup.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store