Some Pics of My 125 Gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cryeth_the_raven

fumbling towards ecstasy
Feb 10, 2009
CT
Real Name
Trev
Beautiful tank and fish. And your pics are fine.

rich_one

AC Members
Nov 7, 2008
Maryland
Pitt - How's it going, buddy? Nah, man... I have left the dark side, dude. I'm all Central and South American with my cichlids now. Discus, rams, and a severum in on tank, and then this tank here.

Lab_Rat - I know, crazy, right? I was seeking some dither, and a guy told me to try angel fish. I thought he was joking... but he was not. then, a 2nd guy backed his opinion. The reasoning being that the angels should be ignored, since they are not conspecific. Well, I thought they were crazy. But since both of them are respected members of the club I am in... the CCA, and the one who suggested it gave me the angels for free (he breeds them by the hundreds), I said ah hell... let's see what happens.

To my utter surprise, the angels are completely ignored. Even during feeding. No one bothers them at all! Who knew???

-Rich

rich_one

AC Members
Nov 7, 2008
Maryland
LOL... was up late getting the temp stabliized on the tank. Had a long day that day... actually drove to NY to Ira's place earlier that day, to get some of those fish! LOL...

Thanks for the compliments, everyone... when I find that centerpiece driftwood, it's really gonna look nice!

-Rich

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
Lab_Rat - I know, crazy, right? I was seeking some dither, and a guy told me to try angel fish. I thought he was joking... but he was not. then, a 2nd guy backed his opinion. The reasoning being that the angels should be ignored, since they are not conspecific. Well, I thought they were crazy. But since both of them are respected members of the club I am in... the CCA, and the one who suggested it gave me the angels for free (he breeds them by the hundreds), I said ah hell... let's see what happens.

To my utter surprise, the angels are completely ignored. Even during feeding. No one bothers them at all! Who knew???

-Rich
That's cool, I'd not heard of using angels as dithers. I would have thought they'd get knocked around, esp by the JD. I'll have to keep that in mind for the future, thanks!

rich_one

AC Members
Nov 7, 2008
Maryland
If you do that in the future, let me know how it goes... I would be interested in the results. I know of another guy keeping some angels with his more aggressive cichlids also... I forget what species, but more aggressive than your typical angels. As far as I know right now, he, too, has had zero issues.

-Rich

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
Will do. I use rosy barbs right now because they're pretty and can handle a punch from a cichlid. The cichlids I have with them are all mild mannered though.

DISCIPLE

AC Members
Mar 14, 2007
DAYYYYYYYYYYYYUM YA FISH ARE UGLY RICH!!!
SIKE!!! MAN YA TANK IS BEAUTIFUL AND YA FISH ARE JUST BEAUTIFUL. WHOEVER TOLD YOU ABOUT THAT "O" MAN YOU NEED TO TAKE HIM TO DINNER LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WAY TO GO MAN IM PROUD OF WHAT YOU HAVE DONE IN A MATTER OF DAYS!!!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
A tank that big will prob need to big pieces of driftwood to complete the look. Or one massive piece but that would be a pain to put in there and pull out for cleaning. I got a 135 gallon with driftwood and even with my pieces its a pain to clean at times. My advice for you is to find smooth pieces. If you get something that is rough or has small cavities it will collect debris which can aid in growing funus on the wood. But yea you got a nice tank. Kinda shocked to see those angels with JD's and an Oscar. Suprised that combo works.

rich_one

AC Members
Nov 7, 2008
Maryland
ROFLMMFAO!!! Thanks, DQ! No way I could have pulled this off without your help, man! This tank was a disaster, and your guidance in getting this thing going again has been invaluable!

GEV83, I hear ya. I have a brush with a bendable wire attached to it, up to the handle. So I should be able to scrub the thing pretty good, and then siphon. But I'll keep an eye on that. I don't think I am going to get TOO monstrous a piece. As for the angels... yeah, tell me about it. I am just as surprised as you are!

-Rich

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store