Some pics.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SamsonNY

AC Members
Dec 5, 2002
hometown.aol.com
Not sure if I should place this in Aquarium specs, so mods move it if necessary.

Here are some shots I took:

S/W Tank.

lebloom

AC Members
Oct 4, 2001
Illinois
Some LR would make that tank look even better. I started out that way but kept reading about it and 1 day just change the whole thing, replaced my CC with aragonite sand and added some LR. And today I wouldn't go back for anything. Think about it.

MFish

AC Members
Aug 29, 2001
Suburb of Philadelphia
I second the LR comment. But the trigger and puffers might nip at it. [Even though Niger's tend to be nice, they are still Triggers afterall]

Is this the ray tank? I havent been around in such a long time, heh, i lost track of peoples tanks. If it is, are you still running that UV sterilizer?

SamsonNY

AC Members
Dec 5, 2002
hometown.aol.com
Thanks all!

And, maybe oneday I will add some live rock. Don't know. Right now, I was after a particular look that I had in mind when I decided to go for s/w. I just added 3 more pieces of coral (dead skeletons) tonight for the fish to have fun with and also, to help with the buffering. (Must complain: Damn those pieces are expensive! :mad: )

Mfish: Yes, it's the former ray tank. And, yes I'm running the U.V. I kept it off the first 10 days waiting to see if I was going to have any spikes. But, none registered (and still none: well, except for the nitrates which are steadily rising; God I miss my constant water changer system). I figured keeping it off would help any freefloating bacteria colonize (if necessary). But, it looks like the bacteria on the bioballs are easily handling the job.

I've searched regarding U.V.s and s/w set-ups and I've read that they are not recommended for corals (and possibly lr) since they need bacteria (besides the nitros.. ). But, since it's a fo tank, I thought it would be fine. (Plus, a little extra protection against ick, etc. and, as always, the bonus of crystal clear water).

BUT, please let me know what you're thinking. Any problems with the U.V. and my set-up?

I'm still immensely in the learning phase here and will listen to all informative replies... :)

Thanks for the compliments and also, thanks again to all that helped me out along the way.

Richard.

kreblak

FDA approval pending
Mar 13, 2003
Wow, good looking tank. How many gallons is that? From the dimensions I saw it appeared to be about 400 or so.

Triggerman

AC Members
Jun 2, 2003
Visit site
Fantastic looking tank.
Nice choice on the tenecor.
I will have my clown trigger someday.As good as a dog.
More pics please.

Triggerman

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store