spider species

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
the last one is a baby that fell out of the 'nest'.he got back up with a thread he made,cute.:p:

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
are those wild spiders? I fear the mother may eat them...

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
yep,they are wild,although they live in my window,im not sure if she will eat them,the other egg sack hasnt hatched yet.the type of spider she is is the easiest to breed,i used to breed orbed weavers because there werent many left but after releasing hundreds the neighbourhood is full of them.i caught the parents from the wild and bred them,the eggs take about a year to hatch.

kraemerwa2003

AC Members
Oct 2, 2006
Las Vegas, Nevada
www.myspace.com
there's no way that creepy crawlies like that would make it into my house. I have the worst arachnophobia, whenever I see one in real life, I do the whole cat on the ceiling thing. I'm the same way with roaches, and here in vegas we get japanese fighting beetles too...snakes, lizards, rats, hamsters, guineau pigs, rabbits, turtles, toads = all okay, spiders = a black/ red smudge

Chickieepooh2u

Ooo, Ooo! Pick me pick me!!
Jan 12, 2006
Norfolk, NE
www.myspace.com
kraemerwa2003 said:
there's no way that creepy crawlies like that would make it into my house. I have the worst arachnophobia, whenever I see one in real life, I do the whole cat on the ceiling thing. I'm the same way with roaches, and here in vegas we get japanese fighting beetles too...snakes, lizards, rats, hamsters, guineau pigs, rabbits, turtles, toads = all okay, spiders = a black/ red smudge
Yes, yes!! What you said. ACK! lol

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
oaky, we get it! this thread isn't for spider haters! :mad:

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
i got so upset when my 2 year old orbed weaver died,i could never squish a spider,i hate crickets(i have no clue why)but i just stay far from them instead of killing them.i do have to save my 20 yr old brother from the "huge spider" that turns out to be about maby half an inch.

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
bettagurl said:
i got so upset when my 2 year old orbed weaver died,i could never squish a spider,i hate crickets(i have no clue why)but i just stay far from them instead of killing them.i do have to save my 20 yr old brother from the "huge spider" that turns out to be about maby half an inch.
i'm the same way with roaches. they're the only bug I can't stand, at least in my house. if I find one, I don't just squish it though, that's a waste. I just feed it to my fire bellied toad. mmm mmm, she loves roaches! :devil:

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
if they arent hopping around alot i catch them in a cup and feed them to my leopard gecko.if they get on me i would be surprised if someone a mile away doesnt hear me.

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
bettagurl said:
if they arent hopping around alot i catch them in a cup and feed them to my leopard gecko.if they get on me i would be surprised if someone a mile away doesnt hear me.
yeah, I can pick up small ones wiith my bare hands, but don't put a large one near me!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store