Spring has arrived!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Well it’s been pretty warm the last few days, today being the warmest at almost 70 degrees. I had a feeling my box turtles would be coming out of hibernation any day now. So today during my lunch break I went over to their pen and caught this guy just waking up. It’s my male, he looks a little rough with all that caked mud on his face and shell. I’m sure the other three will be out soon enough. But they might want to wait, it’s suppose to rain here for the next 3 or 4 days.

Notophthalmus

I put the 'snork' in 'snorkeling'!
Mar 4, 2008
Tennessee
Very nice! Do your turtles start feeding immediately, or do they take a few days to get back into the swing of things?

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Very nice! Do your turtles start feeding immediately, or do they take a few days to get back into the swing of things?
I usually start feeding them when the temperatures stay a little more average and the nights don't get colder then the mid 50's. But I do provide plenty of water for them to stay hydrated.

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
We had one when I was like 4 or 5 and living in NY. One year he never came out,don't know if it got to cold that year or what but years later when we turned the area into a garden we found its shell.

aquapants

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
portland, me
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store