Starfish Question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ander88

Newbie Mariner :)
Apr 29, 2009
Dumfries, Scotland
Visit site
well my prob is, my orange starfish seemed to be loosing its colour from the body at the base between legs. and it
didnt move for days. now it is moving very little each day but not alot, but last night I noticed every couple of minutes, a leg shot up in the air
and back down. now its motionless again and has little brown spots on. any suggestions what to do with the little guy?

ander88

Apr 29, 2009
Dumfries, Scotland
Visit site
Im not sure what kind it is. It is orange all over, where as my other is red with black tips. I think this is a linkia the red one.

Ive had him since jun/jul time. Been fine up until now. He keeps tryin to climb glass but goes back to sand now. Tryin to feed him seaweed but he moves away from it, waits until seaweed gone then moves back to same place.

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
my orange fromia stays in one spot too, owned it 3 days. bare bottom tho, so i figured it liked it up top.

ander88

Apr 29, 2009
Dumfries, Scotland
Visit site
Sadly the starfish died not long after this post. Must have been unwell as my fromia is constantly on the move. never stays in one spot.

davocean

AC Members
Nov 18, 2009
San Diego CA
Linkias don't seem to have a great survival rate.
Fromias do seem to do better, but most stars don't seem to last a long time.

Jstdv8

AC Members
Feb 22, 2010
they usually starve to death becuase we don't feed the sort of things that they eat and they eat it faster than our ecosystem makes it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store