Started Mini Bow 2.5 Pico Reef!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BIGgourami

One With the Fish
Apr 30, 2007
rolling meadows,IL
what kind of sanils?
bumblebees stay pretty small and as you can tell by the name have yellow and black stripes on the shell i would do maybe like 3 of the and one nassarius

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
astreas? They are easy for me to get. I need to do some more research I suppose. I can also get some nassarius.

Can someone post a link that tells me about different species of snails?

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
Thanks. I'm going to go look at snails this afternoon, and if I see some that I like I will add a few, unless you all think it is too soon. I may pick up another frag too if I see something cool.

BIGgourami

One With the Fish
Apr 30, 2007
rolling meadows,IL
if the tank is cycled enough for the corals why not the snails?
or do you mean is it too soon after adding stock to add more?
either way i say no, as long as you monitor levels and change water accoringly you should always be fine.

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
I meant stocking too quickly. My water is testing out pretty good so I think I can safely say that the tank is cycled.

Bought Coralife 18W fixture on my lunch break today, more pics coming when I figure out how to set it up, lol.

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
That looks pretty sweet I love your zoo's defenetly frag some for me when it gets going. Maybe you could do a tiny brittle star? Bumblebee snails would also be pretty sweet since you would be able to see them almost all the time The prob is when you put them into a big tank they tend to dissapear.

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
Hmmm... I saw bumblebee snails on Liveaquaria, but I can't seem to find any around here. I did add 3 nassarius snails, though, and 2 more frags. Pics are coming this evening after I get off work.

5xevy

Member #62,749
Jan 3, 2007
Upstate, NY
Nice! Looking forward to the new pictures! I find pico/nano reef intriguing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store