Starting a planted 20g Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Running airstones or wands will not affect liquid carbon supplements.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
This is interesting stuff. I was under the impression Seachem's Excel and API's leaf zone were just water and glutaraldehyde.

zendx

AC Members
Jul 2, 2014
CA
Real Name
Sarah
I'm glad you guys started talking about this actually, because I was just reading the air curtain might be a bad idea... everything I've read seems to be mixed! My baby tears didn't do so great, I'm pretty sure they're almost dead. I pruned the hygrophila pretty well & separated, haven't had the time to take a picture yet! Thanks @FromTheDarkness for the link! I've been doing the dosage on the back of the bottle even though it's a low tech planted. I started first with half dose to see if it made a difference, then upped it to full. The java fern seems to have went full on bright green & happy? I haven't had an issue with algae even though the Florapride is full dose as well.

Anyone have issues with Seachem's Excel line due to copper? I was even paranoid about adding Flourite, but all the inverts seem to be doing fine. We have 4 CPO dwarf mexican crays, 2 red cherries, 3 ghosts.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel

zendx

AC Members
Jul 2, 2014
CA
Real Name
Sarah
Here we go... pardon the mess, I need to rearrange everything on the next water change. Still waiting for the biggest piece of wood to sink. The baby tears sadly died off. I'm using Tetra Florapride dosing every water change & intermittent CO2 Booster.

image.jpg

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
I think it looks quite good!

try dosing your CO2 booster and Flora pride daily. I have a few 20g tanks and I dose 1ml of CO2 booster and 3-5 drops of Flora Pride daily. I add a little more at weekly water changes.

There's been a lot of stuff written about daily VS weekly dosing. Plants like to have nutrients readily available in their environment for use all the time - not really high at the beginning of the week and virtually non-existent by the end

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store