Starting a planted tank.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
I'm not worried. I can always give them to somebody with a bigger tank when they get really big.
Always a bad route to go, theres only so many people with big setups looking for that certain kind of fish and too many people doing the "grow out". I see people trying to give away big fish all the time around here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Why? 2 red zebras will be fine for a while. This is mostly going to be a planted tank might not even get labs.
Do you know the sexes of the fish? Like it was mentioned in your first thread, these are not to be kept as multiples unless you are doing the prototypical all male, "overstocked" tank OR as a breeding harem of multiple females per male.

With two males they are not going to be so buddy-buddy once they begin to mature and stake out territories. With one of each your female is going to be harassed once the male gets into breeding mode. Hopefully you ended up with two mild mannered females...

Also, Mbuna literally translates to "rockfish"...these are NOT fish suitable for planted tanks, especially considering they can easily uproot and feast on the live plants as if it were salad.

Do what you want, but don't act like you weren't warned.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store