steelerfan's 30 Gallon Breeder Journal/Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

steelerfan67

AC Members
Nov 29, 2010
If it was me I would go with 2x blue+. Good color and about the best par you can get out of a bluer bulb.
thanks. i will go with the 2 blue+ then.

another question abouyt your screen top if you can?

i wondered if you took yours to the full 18 inches and if so what was your work around for you overflow, equip, etc?

i ordered some of the 1/4 clear netting and am planning on making it but wondering how to have space for stuff?

thanks again.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
I left about 1-2 inches along the entire back. You can get as many 90's as you want to make it wrap around equipment but I just kept it simple. The whole thing just snaps together. Very easy.

steelerfan67

AC Members
Nov 29, 2010
I left about 1-2 inches along the entire back. You can get as many 90's as you want to make it wrap around equipment but I just kept it simple. The whole thing just snaps together. Very easy.
i would like the simple route but i plan on getting a jumper and would hate to have it go through that small space. thanks yet again.

steelerfan67

AC Members
Nov 29, 2010
it's serious business now.... ;)

i can already tell i am not gifted at aquascaping. plan is to get the ro/di up and let rock soak for 2 weeks in water and white vin.
by then my substrate and tunze should be able to be ordered as they are out of stack and then get the ball going.

audifeesh

AC Members
Aug 18, 2010
looks great so far :)

the most important thing i've learned about aquascaping is that you must make a decision...
will you buy fish, inverts, and corals to fit your scape? or will you scape to accommodate them?

a pretty scape is one thing, but a practical one that makes the most of the room you have without becoming a hindrance to cleaning/coral placement is key. I've redone my scape 6 times before settling on what is (for now) a good look for me.

....and i still need more rock for ledges/shelves lol :p

steelerfan67

AC Members
Nov 29, 2010
looks great so far :)

the most important thing i've learned about aquascaping is that you must make a decision...
will you buy fish, inverts, and corals to fit your scape? or will you scape to accommodate them?

a pretty scape is one thing, but a practical one that makes the most of the room you have without becoming a hindrance to cleaning/coral placement is key. I've redone my scape 6 times before settling on what is (for now) a good look for me.

....and i still need more rock for ledges/shelves lol :p
thank you for the tip. much appreciated.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Nice! Christmas in January.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store