Stess Coat

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

knowthemath

AC Members
Feb 16, 2004
Virginia
Visit site
Has anyone used Stress Coat to get rid of the chlorine in tap water? I've used it with FW fish, but will it cause a problem in a reef tank? I normally let the water sit for 24 hours, but I was concerned in case I needed water immediately. Thanks!

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
I've not used the stuff in years. Frankly, I think it's a waste of money. The aloe vera may or may not be useful, but will certainly add to the dissolved organic carbon in your water. For tap water I use Prime to neutralize chloramine. For the reef, I use RO water exclusively.

knowthemath

AC Members
Feb 16, 2004
Virginia
Visit site
Thanks for the opinion. I've been getting my water from the RO machine at Wallie-World......5 gallons for $1.50. I have 2 - 5 gallon buckets that I try to keep filled. Just wanted to make sure what to do in case of an emergency. Will look into the Prime> :)

M-pire

Foosballer
Dec 9, 2003
Lexington, Kentucky
I used Stress Coat for a while when I had FOWL. I eventually switched to Prime...I think it worked out to be cheaper per gallon to use Prime. Now I have a RO filter, so no need for the dechlorinator...but the Stress Coat worked fine for my fish!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store