Stocking a C.A.R.E.S Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Off topic--I'm not sure Vietnamese whiteclouds are illegal in MA, they are a different species (tanichthys micagemmae) than "regular" whiteclouds (tanichthus albonubes).

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Off topic--I'm not sure Vietnamese whiteclouds are illegal in MA, they are a different species (tanichthys micagemmae) than "regular" whiteclouds (tanichthus albonubes).
True. Ill take a look into the laws a bit and see if they give a certain species or if its just white clouds in general.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Joseph Huntley

AC Members
Dec 6, 2013
Moline, Illinois USA
Real Name
Joe
our little local society is involved in cares but their website is dead so I dunno even how to get some of the cares species to breed. the cares site and other sites I see talk abt ppl giving away fry to other cares wanted to breed guys but I have no clue as how to contact the ppl abt see abt getting some fry

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
our little local society is involved in cares but their website is dead so I dunno even how to get some of the cares species to breed. the cares site and other sites I see talk abt ppl giving away fry to other cares wanted to breed guys but I have no clue as how to contact the ppl abt see abt getting some fry
Does the site include an email address for any of the members who give away their fry to other interested in cares? If not then you can always try aquabid or other online stores to buy the fish you want. Or ask your LFS if they can try to get some in.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Joseph Huntley

AC Members
Dec 6, 2013
Moline, Illinois USA
Real Name
Joe
well if they that rare it will be hard to find the fish lol plus if you do find them on an auction site they going to be ungodly expensive which is then detrimental to the program

Jeremy Smith

Lizard loachnut
May 18, 2006
ma
Mass fish and game tends to not to involve it's self in sub species. If it is species is deemed illegal all of them are. As for Cares, my suggestion would be to go to one of Boston Aquarium Society meetings, If I remember correct 3rd Monday of the month at The Aquarium.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
It's not a matter of subspecies it's a separate species, only the genus is the same. I think I saw micagemmae at Ned's & he's pretty careful (unlike some).

thor1

AC Members
Jun 14, 2008
Thanks for all the replies.

I have worked with Goodieds starting back in the 1980s. Since that time several types have ... I would likely give them away if people are serious about the cause. So, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
I think this is an excelent Idea. I know that it was some time ago that you started this thread and at the time I would have been unable to participate.

I am currently working on preservation and restoration of endangered species with a focus on the cell and molecular side of it with my work.

If you have any Skiffia Francesea or other endangered species I would be most interested to participate.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store