stocking approval

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rooter

Tommy Root
Dec 28, 2007
Ontario
i have a 90g tank with 110 lbs live rock and 2 occie clowns and 1 flame hawk. my local fish store has the following and i would like your input

thank you

Arrow Crab - $15.99
Orange Linkia Starfish - $29.99 ***
Sixline Wrasse - $15.99 ***
Bubble anemone - $59.99
Canary Blenny - $34.99
Pink Tip Anemone - $8.99

*** preferred

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
I would go with the canary blenny myself. Sixlines can be little buggers, and jumpers. You have to keep a tight lid on your tank with those.. Linkias, well, not my cup of tea, I think they are too fragile, but if you really want one go for it.

Oh wow, didn't know this part.. may be a deal breaker.
The Canary Blenny is considered venomous and should be kept only with caution around children having tank access, since it may perceive fingers as an attacker and deliver a similarly painful bite.

Last edited:

journey0820

AC Members
Jan 31, 2008
I have heard that arrow crabs are not reef safe...don't know if you plan on stocking coral or not. I have a caulerpa crab which I believe is in the arrow crab family...he definitely likes to decorate himself with anything leafy and green but there's no coral yet to test him on that one.

tamableanimal

AC Members
Aug 26, 2007
Caro, Michigan
You may want to look up arrow crabs. They are predators and may take small fish. I like the canary's, and yes they do have a viscoius bite so care has to be taken especially if there are small children present. Linkias are great additions, but have to be acclimated slowly. Before purchase look them over closely for any signs of injury. They don't seem to come back from injuries like other starfish.
Remember to add things slowly. If you put in to many animals at one time, the increase in bioload will create havac on your water parameters. As to your stock list all of them will look great, just make sure that they are what you want in the long run.
Rich

rooter

Tommy Root
Dec 28, 2007
Ontario
ok yesterday i went to the lfs and bought the canary blenny a pink tip nem another feather duster and a coral banded shrimp

rooter

Tommy Root
Dec 28, 2007
Ontario
yes, but why does that matter

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store