Stocking for a 92 corner

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ThatNewFishGuy

AC Members
May 4, 2010
Me and my dad always have this debate about how many fish should go into our 92 gallon corner aquarium. I feel that we are reaching our limit as of now and maybe add one more fish. He feels like we could add four more fish. He's convinced that 92 gallons is actually 360 gallons or something. Maybe Im just over cautious but I feel like its better to be over cautious than not. What we have so far is:

Yellow tang
Potter's angel
Large Maroon Gold clown
Small Maroon Gold clown
Three stripe damsel (this is a single damsel, not 3 seperate fish)

Thats what we got in terms of fish. We also have about 100 pounds of LR, a brain coral, a hammer coral frag, anthella frag, and some mushroom polyps. And some CUC. Our goal is to have a "decently" stocked tank in terms of corals. I dont think it will ever get to be one of those tanks with corals covering every inch of rock. And we're pretty much just wanting softies and lps. All the fish in the tank are basically the average size for their respective species atm. We have a 15 gallon sump with an aqua c urchin skimmer.

Based on this info, what do you guys recommend the maximum number of fish should be for our aquarium?

P.S. Any suggestions for future fish additions to the tank are welcome. Im interested in a fish that will contrast in shape and color to the other members of the tank for more diversity. (this is of course if its even recommended that we can add more fish)

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
It's going to depend on what fish you select, how much you will have to feed them and how often you perform maintenance on the tank but I do think you can add 3 to 4 more fish. You have mostly "open water" fish so you have territories that have been claimed yet in the tank. With you size tank, you could easily add a few bottom dwelling and rock dwelling fish such as a couple of watchmen gobies (pairs or different species) and pistol shrimps, jawfish (not sure I would add both watchmen gobies and jawfish, one or the other IME) to burrow the sand and some rock "hugging" fish like basslets/grammas. I would not add anything like more tanks or angels at this point.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
"I would not add anything like more tanks or angels at this point."Can't edit my post for some reason but You obviously should add any more tanks to your tank :). I meant tangs :).

Jill-O

All American Girl (all grown up)
Hey :) I don't know BUT can you post some pictures? I haven't seen that large a corner tank... and I may just have a corner for such a thing :) :) :)

ThatNewFishGuy

AC Members
May 4, 2010
Hey :) I don't know BUT can you post some pictures? I haven't seen that large a corner tank... and I may just have a corner for such a thing :) :) :)
I dont have access to a nice camera atm, but i might be able to get some crappy cell phone pics up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store