Stocking question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

catt410

AC Members
Mar 31, 2007
CA
I have a few questions.

I am just setting up a 55 gl tank. Is this to small to do cichlids?

My other option is I have a 135 gl community tank that I might be able to transplant to the 55 gl. The only problem with that is with the 55 gl tank came 2 clown loachs and 1 pleco that are way to big for the 55 gl so I put them in the 135 gl but the stock I have in the 135 gl would fit fine 6 rainbows, 8 corycats and 7 teteras.

I also have a 20 gl thank just has 1 beta.......

Kettemoor

AC Members
Sep 14, 2007
Tallahassee, Fl
55g is the minimum recommended for any cichlid setup. If you want oscars you could have 1, some would say two but you will need to move once they get too big. 55g is great for smaller african cichlids, like mbuna which are very colorful. You could also go with discus as long as you change water more frequently or even other smaller new world cichlids. Its all up to you but just find out which type you want then decide how many from there.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
lol thats so funny...... my side hurts....

there are plenty of small cichlids that can go in 10-30 gal tanks..... plenty of options for 55 gal.....
Your side hurt?:laugh:

10g for one apisto or ram or two and then shelldwellers.

catt410

AC Members
Mar 31, 2007
CA
Thanks Ruben what a great link.

I was told that there are some cichlids that would get along with the loaches. Is this true?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store