Stupid Discus

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RedScare

AC Members
Jul 1, 2007
Wisconsin
Aggression is mounting in the tank. I am afraid one of my fish might end up with an injury. I got a 29 gallon with light, stand, and filter for 65$. Setting it up tonight.

RedScare

AC Members
Jul 1, 2007
Wisconsin
They laid eggs again tonight! Just 5 days later. I unplugged the heater since that is their egg spot. The Leopard Snakeskin is the mom and she is pissed off 99% of the time. The Pigeon Blood is the dad. The empty tank is their new home which needs to be cycled as I just set it up today..

Sorry about the pics I didnt have time to scrape the algae before I took the pics.

mom.jpg dad.jpg IMG_1075.JPG

RedScare

AC Members
Jul 1, 2007
Wisconsin
The second set of eggs was gone in the morning.....

How do I cycle a tank as fast as possible. I am doing water changes with aged tank water. Any other suggestions???

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Take part of the media from the established filter or even just a squeezing of the media into the new filter.
:iagree:If you don't have a breeding cone, you can invert a clay flower pot or even use a piece of white pvc standing on end for a place for them to lay eggs.

RedScare

AC Members
Jul 1, 2007
Wisconsin
I already had a perfect clay pot. I put the filter sponge from my hob in the 55 next to the sponge filter in the 29. The 55 has multiple filters. I did a 50% w/c with aged water from the 55.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store