stupid question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

schigara

AC Members
Jan 2, 2005
Memphis, Tn
www.geocities.com
I have never read that before but it seems like an extra step and much harder to calculate. The amount of salt lost to creep and skimmer in not much at all especially once you get over a certain amount of total water volume. My system has a total volume of about 105-110g and it usually takes 6-8 weeks before my sg drops .001 which I then add a little extra salt to the change water to make up for it.

schigara, i've also heard that water topoffs with sw at WC time helps maitain SG sometimes, i only heard that but don't know if it's true, but i like the method you described better anyways seems more logical than the other way.

40galreefman

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Buffalo, NY
my total water volume including sump is about 70-80 gal, so i'm sure i should have no problem doing it the way you described, like i said it seemed more logical than alot of the info i've read in books, so now it's down to the final few weeks of waiting and i'll have finally started my own reef:headbang2:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store