Suggestions for amelioration of my tank.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

silentskream

AC Members
May 16, 2004
Florida
there's nothing wrong with the rocks you have, but i would definitely suggest mixing them up a bit.

also, maybe make just one big off-center pile of rocks instead of the two separate piles. (if you're worried about them falling you can get an underwater fish-safe epoxy from drsfosterandsmith.com)

jamthoyoung

AC Members
Mar 3, 2007
Mix up the rocks. Maybe hide the plumbing with some plants (fake if you got africans) or something.

And put some fish in it!!! :grinyes:

Malak

AC Members
Jun 19, 2007
Thanks, will work on this as soon as possible, keep the suggestions coming!

Malak

AC Members
Jun 19, 2007
Doing a small revamp first, painting the back of the tank black as we speak and I've moved the rocks around. Gonna put the fishes in next wedsneday!

Will post a pic later tonight of what the tank looked like before and now.

I still need to get plants and I want more rocks.

Malak

AC Members
Jun 19, 2007
Before:

After:

I will add more rocks and some fake plants. I've painted the backgroung with flat black paint and to the human eye, it's simply amazing.

So, any better? Other suggestions?

Squawkbert

Senior padder
Oct 3, 2006
ST.L area
www.aquaticplantcentral.com
An improvement!

Further suggestions -

Go for 2 asymmetric groups of rock, mixed as above, left and right of center, leaving a hollow cleft or valley off center. Put the driftwood in or near the valley so that the tip of it is roughly 1/3 of the tank's height from the top and 1/3 of the tank's length from on side or the other.

If you want to know why the roughly 1/3 matters, check APC, search for Aquascaping 101 or just Google "Phi golden ratio" for a shorter answer.

Also - lay the heater along the bottom or go vertical w/ it in a corner. No reason to look at that.

Chickleta

Chickleta
Feb 7, 2007
College Station, TX
Mix the different rock, set them up and lean them against one another. That'll give you more height, crevices, nooks and crannies, perhaps a little greenery. I get my artificial greenery at places like Hobby Lobby or Michael's Hobbies. You can find unusual plastic greenery and a fraction of the price. Natural plants add a nice touch too, while they last. You have a nice rock collection maybe just re-distribute them an unorganized manner. Enjoy your work in progress!

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
i think it looks really good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store