Suggestions on freshwater sand?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jemi39

AC Members
Nov 21, 2013
Knoxville, TN
Real Name
Jeremy
I'm looking into sands for freshwater and I realize that pool filter and play sand are really popular, along with that pet store black sand stuff, but I was curious if anyone new where to get some fairly light, perhaps almost white, fine-grained sand? I don't really care about price, I just want fine, white sand really badly.. if anyone could point me in that direction, it would be much appreciated!! Thank you so much :D

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Most pool filter sands can come in a variety of grain sizes.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
And light colors too.
And cheap too. I bought a 50lbs bag at ACE's for $12 and some change. Easy to maintain as well. Easy maintainance= less time cleaning= less stress on fish= happier life

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Different areas of the country seem to only stock certain brands and sizes of PFS so you might have difficulty where you live.

There are other options available that will work but again, the products may not be available in your area.

Estes makes a product called PermaColor Quartz, it comes in various grain (mesh) sizes and colors. I use the Trowel-Rite (20 - 40 mesh size) and my fish thoroughly enjoy moving it around the aquarium. The product is meant for architectural floor coatings but I've had no problem using it in my aquariums.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store