Sunshine, I llike you but not on my tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

THE V

Hiding from my children
Nov 25, 2007
Washington
Real Name
Mr. Incognito
If the wife allows that cheap stand to be in that room, with all those bottles and junk showing, the least of her worries should be a blind on the tank. Bet she doesn't do windows....
This is like something my great grandma would have said. She lived to be 101 out of pure meanness.

Is father-time catching up with you Bob? Realizing that all these years of being nice has clogged your arteries from the stress of holding it in?

I'm planning on becoming a real mean cuss after I retire. Canes are ment to hit, trip, & poke people with you know.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nah...Father-Time doesn't have a chance on catching me. In your Earth years, I recently turned 60, but I am barely 16 where I come from. As for clogged arteries, not with my low cholesterol. Wish the Hurri"canes" would learn those tactics so we could get another Stanley Cup.

Actually with the initial shots of the room/window, I came to the conclusion, which may be wrong, that it had to be a pretty impressive room, which naturally caused me to question why does the significant other allow the visibility of the components and the excess jugs laying around. Rarely does a significant other allow raw fish keeping from dedicated fishy folks to "pollute" (as I have heard over the years), the room décor.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
If the wife allows that cheap stand to be in that room....

LOL!! I was expecting to see an 8-track player in that stand, or a tape deck at a minimum.

I'm kidding FFMan! Your tank is absolutely gorgeous. Great work.

My 55g is up against a south facing window, but doesn't get huge amounts of sunlight due to trees across the way. My tank background includes some aluminum foil to keep the algae down. Like said, I wouldn't worry about the sunlight unless it totally unbalances your tank (algae growth) or significantly raises your water temp.

starfishplus

AC Members
Feb 28, 2005
in N.C
i think it looks great what kind of sand are u using iam wanting to setup a 29long with sand?

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
It's kind of weird about the timing of the sunshine now hitting the tank. As I posted on another thread, my main LED light crapped out just couple days ago; a day or so after I create this thread about sunshine. So my problem at the moment is solved for me until my new light arrives. Funny how things work out.

Bob, all is well. I know where you're coming from now and will expect similar responses in the future :) off and on. yeah, that pic does show stuff behind the tinted glass but only because the sunshine is hitting it directly. Normally, you can see anything except the clock. As for the jugs, yeah it's been collecting there from all the DW I've been buying. Should find something nice looking that will hold maybe ten gallons of treated water for top offs. I might look for hand crank pump to transfer the water into my tank. I don't trust the cheap auto topoffs system. Anyone know a reliable one?

Anyways, thank everyone for compliments. BTW, I use the pool filter sand from Leslie's pool supply. Not sure if they are a national chain. But it's only like $10 for 50lb bag. I use for the Spec V and I really like it. My plants seem to grow well in it. The only con I see is that it's fine grain and it can/will scratch the glass. I've already scratched the glass in couple places using those magnetic glass cleaners. But otherwise, it's great sand. In the picture, it's whiter than it is because the sunshine is so bright. But it's a light tan color.

I find it ironic that I'm trying to prevent problems that natural sunshine can cause in my tank, yet I am buying an LED light that mimics natural sunshine to make my plants grow well.

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
Yeah an old curmudgeon! :crazy:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Way too much hair and no tattoos...can't be me.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store