Super Strange Stray Voltage Question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Well.. next suggestion would be to isolate that circuit where the electrical wire feeds and turn it off at the breaker. Then test for voltage. Then you will know you have a problem between the breaker and the outlet. With something this important I would definately replace the entire wire/circuit ASAP by a trusted electrician if turning off at the breaker solves the problem.

AMDninjaboy

AC Members
Mar 7, 2011
Ont, Canada
Real Name
Shane
Im not a science guy or anything but I remember you can make a battery with salt water and some pieces of metal.. Not a real strong one but a battery none the less.. Do you by chance have any odd metal objects in the tank or anything like that..

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
2009 people.. that was the last time this thread was updated. I doubt the OP is even around any longer. (Last Activity by the OP was 12-08-2010 1:10 AM)
Gotta love those retro threads :)

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Hey everybody loves a good mystery!

OhioOilMan

AC Members
Mar 1, 2008
Portsmouth Ohio
Real Name
Ryan Lore
Could be possible that your pump is shorting out??? do you have lights on your refuge that could be shorting out??? Just remember that any electrical current that is in your sump is also in your tank as well because your inlet and outlet lines act just like a live electric wire!

AMDninjaboy

AC Members
Mar 7, 2011
Ont, Canada
Real Name
Shane
I never even noticed it was that old of a thread...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store