supplies from Michael's?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sadrienne

AC Members
Jan 20, 2007
I'm setting up a dart frog tank and was wondering if there are any supplies i could get at the Michael's Arts and Crafts store - I got a gift card for Christmas, but I wasn't sure if they had anything that would be safe in the frog tank - any suggestions?

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
You could pick up some fake plants but I think it would be better to use the real thing.

Sadrienne

AC Members
Jan 20, 2007
ok...I might get a couple large leaved fake plants or something, but I already have some live bromeliads and a philodendron...

Thanks for your help, yall :) I figured they would have pebbles and things but was just wondering if I wasn't thinking of something...

aquapants

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
portland, me
I wouldnt use the moss they sell at micheals or ac moore, etc. Most of it is dyed to look prettier, and that means toxic to your animals.
I just picked up some super cheap river rocks there though. 2.29 vs 5.59 at the pet store. You just have to look around. Sometimes thay have really nice decorative twigs on sale, and I use those for my aviaries. If you use them for animals, just make sure they havent been treated or dyed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store