Switching Tanks - Help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lMorphine

AC Members
Sep 11, 2011
New York
I did that, It was easier. And my fish look good. It wasnt quite heavy when I removed more than half the water, I thought i felt the bottom of the glass giving out. I have like 10-11 pounds of LR in there also. I removed the air stone to get rid of the bubbles and just get the hose to make long ripples in the water.

vera222

AC Members
Apr 5, 2010
Glad it worked out. You should definitely have less salt creep without the bubbles popping. If you go to a website like marinedepot.com, they have some nano sized powerheads which are fairly cheap. It would benefit your tank a lot to even just have one.

lMorphine

AC Members
Sep 11, 2011
New York
Im buying one this week from petco and also is there any type of puffers i can keep in my 10g? I know dwarf puffers but not one store near me sells them. They have pea puffers but Im not sure if my damsel will attack it.

vera222

AC Members
Apr 5, 2010
Dwarf puffers/ pea puffers are freshwater fish, so you can't add one at all. Plus, your tank is already maxed out with a striped damsel and clownfish. 10 gallons is very very little room, and the more cramped fish feel, the more stressed they become, and possibly more aggressive. You need to upgrade to a bigger tank before you should add any more fish. You should also make sure your tank is set up properly, running smoothly, and your water parameters are consistently stable for a decent length of time. Your tank is still brand new.

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
Dwarf puffers/ pea puffers are freshwater fish, so you can't add one at all. Plus, your tank is already maxed out with a striped damsel and clownfish. 10 gallons is very very little room, and the more cramped fish feel, the more stressed they become, and possibly more aggressive. You need to upgrade to a bigger tank before you should add any more fish. You should also make sure your tank is set up properly, running smoothly, and your water parameters are consistently stable for a decent length of time. Your tank is still brand new.
^+1 Definitely you have enough. Do not get over anxious to add more animals. This hobby can be very rewarding with time and patience.

lMorphine

AC Members
Sep 11, 2011
New York
I was just looking for some types of puffers I can keep because I want to do research so when I do upgrade my tank I have an idea

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
I like the porcupine puffer but the get large and I believe need at least 80 gallon tank. Haven't researched too much on that yet as it is for a future FOWLR that I don't have room for yet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store