Tampa Bay Saltwater "The Package"

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

scubastorey

Registered Member
Apr 29, 2007
Texas
I don't know much about deep sand beds. Mine is the recommended 1.25 inches. But you can modify the package any way you want. I didn't use TBS sand because I wanted black sand.

ricsreef

AC Members
Jun 22, 2007
Louisville,Ky
From what I've researched,all DSB will crash eventually,thats why they recommend replenishing the sand at least every year.

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Refers to something going south in your tank causing your water to way out of whack and things dieing off or having a close call. For instance those sea apples we're discussing in another thread. If they put out their toxin they could cause a tank crash. A temperature spike could cause a crash, spilling coppersafe into your tank a big crash...etc. etc..

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
I usually change out a dsb about every two years or so. I'd also say it really depends on how many critters you have in your tanks. By crash they mean start to release large amounts of nitrates into your water colum causing a cascading effect "everything goes to that fish tank in the sky." I would also say that I had a reef that I didn't touch for 5 years that had a dsb but, it also had no fish so.......

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store