Tank Log: 55g All Crypts Riparium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
Very nice.I'd like to try somehthing like that someday.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
I was tidying up this tank today and got a few quick shots...

I will shoot some better pictures and fix the color when everything straightens out again in a few days.

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
:jaw:

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
I did a little more gardening in this tank. I think it is looking better. I need to get a few more crypts into the underwater foreground to brighten that area up.

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Another gorgeous tank!! Are you planning on trying any florida sunsets in this setup?

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
I did have a 'Florida Sunset' in here. Unfortunately, when I repotted it all of the new leaves that it grew lacked the multicolored variegation that it had when I purchased it. It ended up looking just like the other large C. wendtii that I have in there (maybe a 'Mi Oya'?), which you can see there just right of center, except that it was somewhat shorter. I think that maybe the variegation of 'Florida Sunset' is not stable and/or requires relatively bright light to develop. I pulled it out and replaced it with another Spathiphyllum.

Last edited:

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
Today I got a few pictures of this really happy Anubias with my King of Pop glove because I transferred it from a culture tank into the crypts display. I had been growing it on an Epi-Trellis raft for about 5 months.

The leaves have a beautiful luster which this picture fails to show. If you look at the latest FTS you can see it there in the lower right of the emersed area. What a nice plant. It has great root development.

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
as always, a wonderful display.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store