Tank prices

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bruddah Chrispy

AC Members
Dec 3, 2002
Redmond, WA
Visit site
I was given a 29 gallon tank for free from a co-worker who felt it was incompatible with his toddler. Of course since then I've dropped about $500 into the hobby (stand, appliances, fish, plants, books, et al).

stargurl

AC Members
Dec 22, 2002
Bilzen, Belgium
Visit site
Originally posted by JamisonBWolsh
Over here in California..you can get a 60 glass gallon tank, wooden stand, glass top and light for $100.00
Over here, a stand alone for a 20 gallon is $80 at Big Al's. That's Canadian dollars, of course.. but still!

Note to self: move.

Twilight

AC Members
Sep 9, 2002
Born in the USA
Ok......I bought a 55 gal including stand, filters, pumps, gravel, lights, test kits, plants, heater, books, everything.....for $125.00.
I watched the want ads/merch for sale/ in my local paper. It's a nice tank and in excellent shape when I bought it and I am glad I have it.

Richer

AC Members
Aug 7, 2002
Edmonton, AB
Indeed, if you don't mind used tanks, keep a close eye on the classified section of your newspaper. You'd be amaze at how many ppl consider this hobby as a throw away hobby. After keeping fish for a little bit, and getting tired of all of them dying, many just give up and sell their stuff for cheap. You could also ask your friends to see if any of them have anything they could give/sell to you. I got myself a 70 gallon tank for free from a friend of mine... she even asked me if I wanted to take her 80 gallon tank off her hands... maybe when I get more room, who needs a sofa right? :D

-Richer

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store