Tank weight concerns

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Yep, six foot tanks are incredibly heavy dry. You better like where it is once you set it up, because it's going to be there for awhile!

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
There is a picture in last post of "moving established tank" - most fish are hiding when I try pictures. You may see some. The stand is a custom. $300 (on sale) stock stand with pressed wood or custom solid oak stand with choice of stain color for $360. Mhhhh, are you kidding me? Yes I will wait 3 weeks for it to be built. :D

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
$360 is less than what I was quoted for a real good quality custom built 48"x18".

JMAWoodworks.com won't go less than ~$420 for that. I couldn't imagine what they want for a 6ft stand.

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
$360 is less than what I was quoted for a real good quality custom built 48"x18".

JMAWoodworks.com won't go less than ~$420 for that. I couldn't imagine what they want for a 6ft stand.
Wow. That is a lot. Maybe they charge you for the word "quality? Every custom stand should be quality. The $360 is for the entry level version in 26 inches tall - the 30 inch stand is well over $400. The guy is a one man shop, no corporate overhead. Everything he does and has been doing for decades is built tank stands. He could probably build one blindfolded. On smaller stands (e.g. 48x18) the labor cost is prohibitive compared to cheap stock stand. However if it gets bigger there is only slightly more labor involved. So that might explain his really reasonable (aehm cheap) price. You can spend a lot more with fancy decoration, bookshelfes, and the works from him. Simple and basic is good enough for us. :)

biondoa

AC Members
Feb 6, 2015
NC
Real Name
Alison
You guys have just proved that this hobby can get really expensive. I thought I was spending a ton of money! I guess this is what all hobbies are about. Once you get hooked watch your wallet.

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
You guys have just proved that this hobby can get really expensive. I thought I was spending a ton of money! I guess this is what all hobbies are about. Once you get hooked watch your wallet.
It is all a matter of priorities. The tank itself was less expensive than our tv in the front room. Don't really watch it often enough to bother with. So in the process of spring cleaning the tv and stand got tore down and eventually may get setup in a spare bedroom. We had to make room for the tank, of course. Who needs a tv when there is fish to watch?

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I got the lower tank in place yesterday. It's not filled/stocked yet. Still waiting on some hardware. Titan EZE stands definitely look and feel better with two tanks on them as designed.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Aquarium stand isn't the first thing that comes to mind for a product calls 'Titan Eze'

;)

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
I got the lower tank in place yesterday. It's not filled/stocked yet. Still waiting on some hardware. Titan EZE stands definitely look and feel better with two tanks on them as designed.

That looks great. The bottom tank does look like another 75 unless the picture is deceiving. I was hoping (for you) to have enough room behind the narrower 55 to hide the canister filter behind instead of having it next to the stand. Are you planning to fill in the gap between top of bottom tank and bottom of top tank to further hide equipment? Maybe a curtain, or a easy removeable panel (magnets, hooks, or hinges).

GraphicGr8s

AC Members
Nov 29, 2010
Tampa, FL
Real Name
George
Definitely a lot more room under your stand than any of mine.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store