TBA

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
And we've got water!

I currently don't have a light for this tank or glass tops because I can't find local glass at a decent price!
This picture is with a 9w 2700k bulb in the ceiling fan above the the tank. Still has bubbles on the glass because I just filled it and it's a touch cloudy.
IMG_0118.JPGIMG_0117.JPG

I said WOW that's yellow and stole the 15w 6500k bulb from the bathroom.
IMG_0120.JPGIMG_0119.JPG

Since the light is high above the tank and in one of those shade things it creates a cool ripple effect.
[video=youtube_share;g1YhVj4IRjg]http://youtu.be/g1YhVj4IRjg[/video]

Still have to add the shells. Pump is incredibly noisy and the air bubble are still working their way out of the drain line. I have the pump rigged so it is kinda hovering in the water, if it even gets close to the bottom or sides it gets SO loud. PFS is WAY more yellow than I was lead to believe, natural looking but yellow. If I get some nice white calvus I think I will setup a separate tank with some white colorquartz I have to get the best white from them as possible. Maybe some yellow calvus instead?

I think I am going to leave this tank empty and do a fishless cycle so when I go to the Monster Konvention I can just add all my new guys here then after a few weeks add my syno cats OR start breeding the syno cats instead. Think my T. temporalis will behave with the new propably 1" juvis or even be ok with the stock in this tank long term at all?

IMG_0118.JPG IMG_0117.JPG IMG_0120.JPG IMG_0119.JPG

aj2494

R.I.P. Guys
Jul 31, 2008
Buffalo, New York
You should check out SI Cichlids before you go to the convention. His online stocklist isn't accurate, but it's worth a shot. And shipping from Staten Island is probably pretty cheap.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Thanks jpappy!

Interesting aj, never heard of that place before and only 40 mins from home, woohoo! Price list is almost a year old so I emailed him and he said he is working on it right now but has everything I want in stock. If his prices stick where they were I might not wait till the konvention. Thanks! Have you ever bought from him?

So this morning the bubble noise was horrible. Upon inspection I realized it was coming from the unglued PVC, forgot about that :eek:. Once that was fixed the drain line was silent within seconds, wonderful, couldn't be happier with the herbie overflow!

Problems to work on...
  • LOUD pump, OMG so loud. Suspending it right now just so I can handle being in the room with it.
  • Sump setup/media. Water is cloudier than it was yesterday. All I currently have is a basket of polyfil under the drain line and a basket of scrubbies.
  • The return line is too powerful and blowing the sand around. It is almost 600gph which is the target 10x turn over I want so I may make a spray bar or just give it just a big mouth opening.
  • Glass tops....:shakehead: Might just bite the bullet and order some glass from glasscages.com and get glass for my old metal framed slate bottom tanks as well.
  • Insulate behind the tank to cut out some of the pump noise.
  • Light? I'm kinda ok with just the over head lighting right now but I want more blue I think, still has too much yellow for me.
  • What about my T. temporalis?

aj2494

R.I.P. Guys
Jul 31, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Yeah, he's who I just got my order from. Really nice guy, and his prices are all the same. He pretty much just prices everything to break even with maybe a little profit. It's a hobby, not his job I guess.

aj2494

R.I.P. Guys
Jul 31, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Make sure you tell SI I referred you. He might hook you up if you decide to order from him.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Ah, cool. How shall I refer to you? Is AJ your real name?

aj2494

R.I.P. Guys
Jul 31, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Oh yeah duh. AJ is just my first two initials. My name is Andrew Kreppel.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store