teddy bear crab

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ryankellie6655

Registered Member
Jan 30, 2008
Chicago
:headbang2:
if you have the cream colored teddys, they are very docile, hide a lot and dont bother anything. i have seen a different crab called a teddy. they are brown in color and look very different. i think they are the bad ones. the little guys that i have are awesome!!!

ryankellie6655

Registered Member
Jan 30, 2008
Chicago
ive had a teddy bear crab that hitched on a bit of live rock.....hes been in the tank from the start and never caused any problems.....its a cool looking crab with its red eyes and furry body.....have read a bit about these guys with some saying they are completly safe while others saying they kill fish and chomp on corals.....does anyone have any experiences with these guys??
if you have the cream colored teddys, they are docile, hide during the day and dont bother anything. i have seen a different crab called a teddy. they are dark brown in color. i think they might be the bad ones.

htrae2014

AC Members
Sep 20, 2007
Long Island, NY
I think I have one of these as well. It has white/black stripped legs with short hairs, flat body (not a zebra hermit). Have you been able to get a pic of yours? Mine is crazy shy and incredibly camouflaged... I'll get a good macro shot and then will loose him can't even find him in the pic.

saltydunc

AC Members
Apr 11, 2007
dundee scotland
yeah its cream,hairy and hides under its rock all the time....only get a glimpse when i put pellets in....it likes them.....i'll keep it as it not bothering anything including my other crabs.

htrae2014

AC Members
Sep 20, 2007
Long Island, NY
Mine recently molted so I guess he is getting his fill, but he lives in this one rock and I never see more than half his body at one time - very reclusive. Good idea though, maybe I'll try dropping a pellet or two in his rock to be sure he's satisfied

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store