teenagers of AC

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
lol. this thread is funny :) this would make a way better OT conversation thread then a teen thread. i have to earn all my money for fish stuff. my parents don't pay me unless i earn it... and even then it's not much. (3 bucks for mowing our 3 acre lot!) so i've found my own means of making $. :) petsitting and babysitting. 10 bucks a day for petsitting, and 8 bucks an hour for babysitting. funny how people pay better $ to have their pets taken care of then they do their kids. :) i just spread the word that i wanna be a vet, and people respond to it. :) i kinda like having to earn all the money though. as annoying as it can be sometimes, it makes me feel like the things i buy are really mine. plus it gives me something to do while moms at work lol. lemonade stands are also good. :) thats how i bought my kitty!
i really wanna try pet sitting but my mom wouldnt let me and then i dont like kids, haha i earn some of my money by helping out my grandparents at their farm.

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
hey if a 15 year old could get a job i would. i cant do anything like mowing grass bc we dont even mow our own grass (we pay somebody to). and reality set in for me when i was like 4. life will never be fair either.
Since when can't a 15 year old get a job? Life is what you make of it. You get what you work for. That's all there is too it. Life is pretty simple. You will learn that when you get older.

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
ah, you could always say you'd start paying for your own fish stuff if she let you lol. it's way better then babysitting. i love kids... but pets are easier to deal with, and waaaaay less demanding. i've always wanted to volunteer at an animal shelter, but you have to be 16 for that. :( i don't care if i don't get paid... i just love working with the animals :)

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
i mean maybe id look for a job if it werent the end of summer but there's no way i can do school, sports, and clubs along with a job

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
my mom doesnt let me go up there alot. i dont know why but the only way i get to go is if my little brother and cousin gets to go.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
To get a little money when I was 12, I trimmed bushes and weeded yards. It didn't pay much but it taught me alot about landscaping and I did it every summer until I was 16. it also taught me how to stretch my money and how to save.

I ended up learning how to do rock gardens and a lot about plants. As a kid I was pretty good at it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store