Test Results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

I Am Fishy

AC Members
Jul 14, 2003
Massachusetts
home.comcast.net
I tested my water last night and these were the following results
PH -- 7.0
Ammonia -- 0
Ntrates -- 0
Nitrites -- roughly 0 (hard to see, but looks 0)
GH -- 125
KH -- 35 ppm
Temp -- 78

I are those average results or is something off?
I am not quit sure if I did the GH test correctly, seems really high, but then what do I know. That is why were here.

anonapersona

Reads a lot, knows a little
Mar 7, 2003
Houston
Visit site
17.9 ppm = degrees

Read the instruction booklet, but the ppm or mg/l measurement should be divided by 17.9 (I think) to get the degrees of GH or KH we typically see in posts here. so that would be GH = 7 and KH = 2.

That KH is sort of low, you might need to raise it to keep the pH stable as acids are produced by normal processes in the tank. Adding Co2 introduces more acids.

I Am Fishy

AC Members
Jul 14, 2003
Massachusetts
home.comcast.net
I just tested tonight, got a little help from people on the GH and KH test and these are the results

PH -- 7.0
Ammonia -- 0
Ntrates -- 0
Nitrites -- 0
GH --5 dGH
KH -- 4 dKH
Temp -- 78.8

Does this look better in terms of good test results as opposed to my originial post

Harry Tolen

Cichlid Fan
Aug 17, 2000
Union, WA, USA
Normally, an inhabited tank will not show NitrAtes of zero. They are the end product of the nitrification process, and can only be removed by either water changes or plants. However, if they are low enough to have trouble showing with your tests, that's all to the good. Your test results will allow you to keep any number of species successfully.

So, how long has your tank been set up, how did you cycle it, what are you planning to do with it etc.?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store