The 30 Gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

xDetroitMetalx

AC Members
Apr 24, 2008
Moro, OR
As you can see he lost his left "claw" during his last molt. From what I've read they regrow them in 4 months during the next molts but will not be able to use them again for a year give or take. I'm unsure why he decided to lose it or if his body didn't agree with something during his molting process. I'm guessing either the high salinity last month made it go wonky or he didn't have a chance to use it enough (my dad dislikes feeding him live foods). I've found that he does enjoy whacking at the wooden stick that we use to feed him so I've been playing with him every day with the wooden dowel.

ThatNewFishGuy

AC Members
May 4, 2010
The updated pics are much better! That's a nice looking mantis shrimp. I had a few of those but they were brown so they looked like nasty little grubs,

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Easiest nem to keep and they typically don't walk very much. Look forward to the pics.

xDetroitMetalx

AC Members
Apr 24, 2008
Moro, OR
Tropicorium is an amazing place. They have a large article in Coral Magazine about their Rock Nems they are breeding. They had a lot of them from $65 - $500, wow. I guess it was one of, if not, the first coral farm ever started back in 1959. It's amazing! They must make some good money because two employees were driving brand spanking new Camaro SS. Anyway, here is some eye candy. I'm getting better at photographing this stuff but still a tad blurry.

Red on Red Rock Nem with my CF 50/50 lights

Duncan close up

BamBam Zoa

Shrooms

More Shrooms

Star polyps

Frogspawn

Candy Cane

xDetroitMetalx

AC Members
Apr 24, 2008
Moro, OR
Tank is still going... Bought another Rock Nem from Tropicorium. This one is yellowish tentacles and a blue/purple disc. I traded in my large 9 headed frogspawn for the start of my LED light set up. The frogspawn was too large for the tank and terrorizing all the corals next to it. I also ordered the rest of my LED set up which I should see here at the beginning of this week. Finally getting rid of the Compact Fluorescence.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Good to hear although you should have kept a head of the frogspawn. NOAA is pushing to have them added to the endangered species list. Might be a tough find in the near future.

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
Tank is still going... Bought another Rock Nem from Tropicorium. This one is yellowish tentacles and a blue/purple disc. I traded in my large 9 headed frogspawn for the start of my LED light set up. The frogspawn was too large for the tank and terrorizing all the corals next to it. I also ordered the rest of my LED set up which I should see here at the beginning of this week. Finally getting rid of the Compact Fluorescence.
What kind of LED's?

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store