The big guy gets to go outside.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Holly9937

AC Members
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
very cool, I'd love to have one, but not sure it will ever happen. Are they slow enough that he couldn't take off then? Its really nice of you to let the snake enjoy the great outdoors!! Are there any disease/illness issues with that? You can tell I'm cluelss :eek: :joke:

tricksterpup

It's SPRING!!! BUNNIE RABBITS
Apr 16, 2001
Minneapolis
tricksterpupstanks.blogspot.com
Real Name
Jim Soos
kittyhazelton said:
well....They didn't until the other day. :laugh:
Some were intrigued, some were like "Oh my GOD!!" and then there was a couple with the little boy who LOVED snakes and got to pet him. Seeing children showing interest in these animals makes my day.
Yeah, I have taken my corn and bairds rat snake out the other day when it was 70+ and sunny outside. The kids just loved them and wanted to know more about them. But your snake is very pretty, a shame the city I live in does not allow anything over 8 feet as a pet. My complex, I was told doesn't allow anything over 5. So no big snakes like this for me. :(

tricksterpup

Apr 16, 2001
Minneapolis
Real Name
Jim Soos
born2lovefish said:
I hate snake, but he looks pretty sweet if you ask me. Nice snake.
Oh, I was pretty Anti Snake up until fall and I posted I would never have one. lol, I own a few corns now. And they are great pets, feed them and change the litter every once a week.

kittyhazelton

I eat sushi
Aug 15, 2005
Hartford, VT
elfwood.lysator.liu.se
baby albinos go for around $250 for the regular albino like the one shown in my pics. Adults can go for alot more (400+ I've seen), and even more so if they are female. There are also different pattern variations which 'cause the price to go up even more. Then the regulars are available for anywhere between 100-200 for the babies.
Of course, if you keep your eye out, you'll find one in the paper going for really cheap or free because alot of people don't realise how big they get before buying one, then they just want it off thier hands. (That's how I ended up with my guy.) We built a 6'long by 2.5'deep, by 4' high cage with multiple levels, variation in temperature zones, and large branches for him to climb on.

Lila

Boston!
Oct 9, 2002
MI, USA
kittyhazelton said:
7' a little over. his name is Leviathan, Levi for short.
Nice name. :)

I got to pet stingrays and horned sharks last weekend! The sharks were cool. They'd swim right up to you and stop and sit still while you pet them. Really neat!

Lila

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
DirkW said:
Do your neighbors know you take you 7' python out for walks?
That's a good one!

I was going to ask, "... .. out for crawls?"

tricksterpup

Apr 16, 2001
Minneapolis
Real Name
Jim Soos
I had my big guy outside the other day, It reached over 75 degrees and I felt safe for him to be out with me on the leash. He sat on the front steps with me in the sun and then walked around in the grass and ate dandelions.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store