The Goldfish Bowl

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Timmain42

Disturbed Quasi-Genius
Jan 4, 2002
D/FW, TEXAS
www.xmenclan.org
tricksterpup said:
I do not ever see this issue ever happening here at the US. One, we do have the health Board in each city and also various Humane groups that would shut this down really fast for cruelity.
I didn't know there were bylaws on animal cruelty concerning aquatics.

And Paxil, Luvox, and Zoloft. All are needed in this thread. Especially the Zoloft.

tricksterpup

It's SPRING!!! BUNNIE RABBITS
Apr 16, 2001
Minneapolis
tricksterpupstanks.blogspot.com
Real Name
Jim Soos
Timmain42 said:
I didn't know there were bylaws on animal cruelty concerning aquatics.

And Paxil, Luvox, and Zoloft. All are needed in this thread. Especially the Zoloft.
I know that here in MPLS the health board that goes to resturants will visit petstores and test water quality and also inspect the petshop as well. It causes problems for some owners but its a good thing.

Blinky

Gone
Jun 22, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
tricksterpup said:
I know that here in MPLS the health board that goes to resturants will visit petstores and test water quality and also inspect the petshop as well. It causes problems for some owners but its a good thing.
That's fabulous! I had no idea they did that. I wonder if they do that here in Toronto, I've got a few places they should add to their list...
Next to my gym there's an office with a cube-shaped tank, maybe 45g (and I think I'm being generous there). It's completely bare of plants or decorations and has an air-driven UGF that barely functions. The tank has at least six fancies in it, all of them 4-6" long. It's not nearly as bad as keeping a shubunkin in a 0.5L bowl, but it makes me sad every time I see them swimming around apathetically in their brownish water.

flyingfish

time to play!
Dec 26, 2004
I wish the producers of Sesame Street would read this and get Elmo's goldfish a bigger tank. You know that's not the same "Dorothy" in every shot. It makes me wonder if they just go out and get another fish every time they have to do a segment. I'm certain they don't have a huge tank hiding somewhere to house the poor things - if I'm wrong someone tell me. The worst thing is that kids grow up with that impression in their minds of a goldfish in a tiny bowl. As if it's the way things are meant to be. :rant:

Harlock

Educated Idiot
Dec 15, 2004
San Angelo, TX
members.cox.net
flyingfish said:
I wish the producers of Sesame Street would read this and get Elmo's goldfish a bigger tank. You know that's not the same "Dorothy" in every shot. It makes me wonder if they just go out and get another fish every time they have to do a segment. I'm certain they don't have a huge tank hiding somewhere to house the poor things - if I'm wrong someone tell me. The worst thing is that kids grow up with that impression in their minds of a goldfish in a tiny bowl. As if it's the way things are meant to be. :rant:
This is why my son has a Dorothy in my tank. He doesn't need to know it's a golden lyretail molly. ;) In my son's room he has Alphabetta, the betta in a 2.5 gallon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store