the most beautiful fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
AW2EOD: Do you mind if I ask how much it set you back? I've seen two aulstralian dragon morays for sale for around 250-300. They don't compare to the hawaiian that I saw at the flordia aquarium tho. It doesn't really matter how much it was, its beautiful. Good call.

AW2EOD

Former Squid
Jun 14, 2004
IL
Visit site
wastememphis said:
AW2EOD: Do you mind if I ask how much it set you back? I've seen two aulstralian dragon morays for sale for around 250-300. They don't compare to the hawaiian that I saw at the flordia aquarium tho. It doesn't really matter how much it was, its beautiful. Good call.

Here, in Chicago, I've never seen them go for less than $1600. Mostly, the ones I've seen have been upwards of $2000 - $2500. I saw a pair, once, for $9000.

I got mine, from a local guy that was desperate to sell his livestock, before moving out of the country. I picked up the DME, a 14" Volitan Lion and a 10" Porc. Puffer for $350. I considered that to be the deal of a life time. Now, my only problem is...I'm looking for a male, to go along with my female, and cant find one for less than $1600 (which I refuse to pay). haha

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
At least you've seen HDM's for sale haha. As far as paired eels go the only pair I've seen in buffalo were 3-4' zebra morays, they were VERY LARGE going for $400. Good deal on your HDM!

kuuipo73

kuuipo
Aug 31, 2005
illinois
bigtime 229-
The humu humu you speak of - would this be the Hawaiian state fish the humuhumunukunukuapua'a?? Or is this another fish all together?? Just wondering......

Last edited:

oncowcow

Registered Member
Jun 15, 2005
I would like to say I like Bi-colour Parrot fish the most....

Once they get mature they just like a blue dragon......

It's a shame that they can grow to 2 foot long......

you made me ink

SAVED YOUR LIFE!
Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Texas
i love nurse sharks!! i wish i could get a big @$$ tank and keep one that would be alot of fun :dive:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store