The new generation

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

msouth468

Fighting for the little guy
Nov 29, 2005
Iowa
couchpotatodx.proboards66.com
I've said it once and I'll say it again.

I went to college to be an engineer. Not an english teacher.

It is easy to point out all the faults of those who are younger than yourself. But you have to relize that they are inexperienced. Not everything is learned in school. 90% of what you learn in life is first hand experience. Not bookwork given to you by a teacher. The best example is Doctors, how can someone with so much education have such bad spelling, grammar and hand writing?

As for internet lingo, it just is annoying to read.

plain old fish

AC Members
Oct 30, 2005
england
Emg said:
sssshhhhhh.....(I do !).... ;)
ok i wont tell anyone that you dont change kids spellings even tho your and English teacher

it will be our little secret

pbrack

GO SENS GO!
Oct 8, 2005
Every generation had there own thing. If we're known for bad grammar and spelling so be it. The 70's were known for tree huggers, 80's were known for tight leather pants and weird hair, and the 60's were known for WAY too much gel.

To be honest, I'd rather be remembered for bad spelling :D

JesseJ

You should be dancin'
Jan 22, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
I'm of two minds on this whole spelling matters thing.

The whole point of language is to communicate an idea or concept between two or more people. If this is accomplished then, regardless of accuracy, the language used has been successful.

On the other hand and also from my more elitist point of view, if you can't organize your thoughts and clearly say what you mean then your opinion is not worth my time to read.

I admit I make mistakes, but I think they can be forgiven, just as I forgive others I've seen because if I watch for spelling to closely then I might miss the interesting points and comments that others may make.

lol, imho.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Dangerdoll said:
*sigh* where's Lila?
You know what would make things 'funner'? Electronic handwriting tablets.
Handwrite your posts, then press enter to display them.
What fun!
:D

-----

..not..

msouth468

Fighting for the little guy
Nov 29, 2005
Iowa
couchpotatodx.proboards66.com
125gJoe said:
You know what would make things 'funner'? Electronic handwriting tablets.
Handwrite your posts, then press enter to display them.
What fun!

-----

..not..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store