The official 65g FOWLR diary thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swimfins

This is as good as it gets.
Overfeeding and tap water...oooooooolala. Mr. Cyano commeth.
I read our water report, in montreal, low nitrate, low phosphate, but no measurements for molecular containants like petroleum by product etc. TDS 125? wow what is in there? I overfeed and use only r/o d/i and have been having green algae issues. Cut back on feeding frozen, rinsing in r/o first and ta da much improved! I'm looking into better skimming as well. Getting th ac remora with mag 7 pump which should do it and a hang on fuge, waiting for lfs guy to build it lol.. sigh! I looked into overflows and sumps, but since no one else at home much I'm scared of failures and don't ewant a mess.

So sorry about the gobies. They were nice. I didn't think the clowns would do that, since the gobies are bottom dwellers and share different territory.
I have still have my origional 5 fish and won't add more until I can get more aggressive skimming and lr and later a fuge, then maybe try a dottyback or royal gramma.

lebloom

AC Members
Oct 4, 2001
Illinois
I am interested in how you attached your Caulpera to the rock. Maybe I missed it but can you tell me because I am thinking about adding some to my 75.

Blinky

Gone
Jun 22, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
Originally I stuffed a small bunch into a crack in the rock, it attached within a day - Caulerpa is agressive, fast-growing stuff. Literally inches per day, it's quite amazing but it's work to keep it in check. ATM there's almost none in the 65g, I got a little overzealous with the pruning last time!

Cyano is disappearing as fast as it came, I'm feeding about 1/3 of what I was - most of the frozen goodies were going to the gobies, they've got metabolisms like hummingbirds. The RO/DI unit is a godsend; clean, clear water with no chloramines and other assorted nastiness.

I took a lousy FTS of the tank tonight, here ya go:

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store