The perfect tropical tank....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

StarStruck8

AC Members
Jun 9, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Lindsay
My newest dream tanks are one with a severum (Heros rotkeil or Heros efasciatus, super red) and appropriate tank mates that I haven't researched yet (maybe emperor tetras if they are large enough since I love them), and a barb tank with odessa barbs and black ruby barbs. Ahhhh to be out of school and able to follow through with these tanks. One day. :)

Last edited:

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Unplug the heater and add 50 Rainbow Shiners and a couple of a smaller Sunfish species. A Madtom or two, and/or a few CPOs, some snails and you have a tank!

Notropis_chrosomus4-Rainbow_Shiners-by_Robin_Russell.jpg orangespotted_sunfish.jpg

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
I love barb and rainbowfish tanks, it's what I currently have my 55 gallon set up as...along with a red tailed shark :) Barbs like rosies, gold barbs, odessa and black ruby barbs are stunning and underappreciated.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
A large tropical community tank! That's what I'm doing with my 75gal. If I could make the perfect 75 with my tank, the below is what I would do:

24X Neon Tetra - Not very original. but hey, they aren't evil because of it. Neons are a very beautiful small fish that can get along with just about anything that won't eat them.
9X Serpae Tetra - Very beautiful fish that do better in a school like this. I like em because the remind me of my black skirts, which I've given up on keeping.
9X Praecox Rainbowfish - I've always wanted these, but never had the space and money to get them. But now I DO have the tank in the OP.
A pair of rams as the centerpiece fish - Awesome fish, they won't breed even as a pair in a community tank (AFAIK).
9X Corys (any will do) - Active and fun little fish, no tank is complete without them IMHO.
9X Hatchets - I've always wanted these too, but... well, I have no tight fitting hood to keep them. They are very nice looking fish.
2X Briggs/Mystery Snails - They are big, cool, and fun to watch.

Sparkxx

AC Members
Jan 30, 2010
Scotland *shivers*
hmm, tough descision if I'm honest haha

I'd probably go with something like:

Pair of Angels
School of Congo Tetras
Pair of African Butterfly fish
School of Flying Foxes

and then maybe a Pearl Gourami, just cause their Kickass.

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric
Um 75 g... 1male Betta will do nicely

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store