the rumors are true

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
The mystery has been solved. The snail in question was sold to a hobbyist as a bridgesii, even though the seller KNEW they had haustrums as well. I take in snails for people to rehome when they beccome overwhelmed. It ended up in my tank, supposedly as a bridgesii. This irresponsible seller is a member here. Please be careful who you buy from! Luckily for me, I have 14 more tanks full of plants to replace the ones lost, other hobbyists would not have that and this could have been devestating. Sellers, be responsible. Don't mix plant eating species with bridgesii, or at least know what you have and educate those you share with about what they are getting and what to do in case of offspring.

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
All kidding aside (from my earlier post), I am sorry that you lost your plants Rachel. They do take time/appreciation to cultivate and to care for. I'd be really upset if I lost a tank full due to one snail that wasn't supposed to be there. I am learning a lot from you (MSJINKZD) about snails and have developed quite an appreciation for them. Even from your bad experience--you are still taking the time for teaching. That is a rare quality today.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Glad you have more tanks full of plants to replace what you lost.:) I'd be peeved if I lose all plants to a snail and then struggle to find more since plants are not that commonly available here.:(

pik01

AC Members
Sep 28, 2008
San Jose, California
i can already see the hammer crashing down upon the person who gave you those haustrums...

caitylee

Yup....
Mar 12, 2008
Florida
Wow, no good that's for sure. Good thing you are figuring out how this happened and educating us all to hopefully cut down on it happening again. Thank you for that! Well I know you wont tell us who did this, but hopefully they know who they are and feel guilty about it.

------
Cara

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store