the titanic in reverse

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kuhlifan

AC Members
Mar 28, 2007
Ohio
So I wake up the other morning to the sound of an abnormally loud splashing from the filter. Of course, a seam had split and the tank had dumped about 4-5 gallons on the floor overnight.

Acrylic tanks are looking better and better.

Bgolfer88

AC Members
Feb 17, 2010
Virginia
I feel ya =( I had a 100g drop 40 out once (thank god for unfinished basement w/ drain). Always use a level to make sure tank is even. you going to try a reseal?

Kuhlifan

AC Members
Mar 28, 2007
Ohio
naw, it's going to be somebody's terrarium/planter now. Luckily, I had a small acrylic tank in the attic that I could dig out eventually. I found it getting ready for work one morning, so I had to do a quick drain and relocate to five gallon bucket job. That evening I did a second relocate to the 12 gallon acrylic, but I had to give away my 14-inch pleco. That was for the best anyway...the little brat kept uprooting all my plants.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Was that 14in pleco in the 20g? 8( Lol. Bummer of a story, but it happens to the best of us.

:cheers:

Kuhlifan

AC Members
Mar 28, 2007
Ohio
Yeah, that was a poorly thought out purchase back when I was getting into the hobby. I had hoped to convince the wife to allow a tank upgrade, which kind of, umm, got sunk the other day. I'd been pondering passing him off to someone with a larger tank for a while, so this made the opportunity somewhat irresistable.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store