Think that I may have a case of ich

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
So all of the crabs, snails, star and LR would be ok? Will this product kill the parasite?
Yes all will be fine. And yes it will kill the ICH.

ncompany

AC Members
May 2, 2007
Also I don't have any kind of sponge so I wouldn't have any kind of biologic filter. Is there anything that I could put in there to help? What about water, do I take it out of the display or would it be all new?

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
Your LR is your bio filter. Leave your water in and add the treatment as directed. If you follow the directions on the bottle you will be fine.

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
If I do pinpoint this as ich, wouldn't all of the fish show signs of it?
That depends on how long the infestation has been in your tank and how many cycles the ich has been through. Each cycle will produce more offspring leaving more parasites to infect more fish.

ncompany

AC Members
May 2, 2007
Also I don't have any kind of sponge so I wouldn't have any kind of biologic filter. Is there anything that I could put in there to help? What about water, do I take it out of the display or would it be all new?
Sorry I was meaning if I set up a QT tank.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Many people have claimed to have had success using 'Chem Marine Stop Parasites', as well. It too, is reef safe.
A good micron filter and a UV sterilizer will go along way in removing and killing the free-swimming parasites, as well....along with lots of water changes.

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
In a QT situation where you think there is a parasite such as ich, I'd not use old tank water. If you go the QT route that I mentioned earlier you'll probably have to do frequent water changes (every other day or so) but it is possible.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store